One of the most beautiful days to celebrate love is just around the corner. You would think that a day that centers around celebrating love, wouldn’t be such a downer for some; but it is. Most advertisements centered around Valentine’s Day feature couples. Couples happily in love wining and dining each other. Um, okay. Here are five ways to kick the Valentine’s Day Blues
- Focus on the love that surrounds you and embrace it
- Take your children or another family member that may not get out often out to dinner. Like an elderly relative.
- Old School Route – Make candy bags with Valentine Day cards in them and hand them out to your coworkers, family or friends.
- Write a love letter of appreciation to your parents
- Create a luxurious spa and chill experience right at home.
- Creamy Bubble Bath ( No Mr. Bubble)
- Blue Tooth Speakers
- Nice Smelling Candles
- Comedic Movie
- Order In
- Place your phone on Do Not Disturb (DND)
Valentine’s Day is a day to celebrate love. Yes its commercialized, however, that doesn’t mean that there isn’t any thought behind ones actions. Being single does not mean that you have to celebrate Valentine’s Day solo dolo. That’s sort of the point of this post. Look outwardly at those who would love to have your company. Look inwardly and embrace the love for self. Furthermore, try embracing what you have. Enjoy that nice bath, great food and good music. Smile on the inside and outside.
Janet Michelle, xoxo