I’m soooo glad that I’m no longer hurting but I’m hopeful, happy, and healing. These days, I’m moving forward and just enjoying my new life that I’m creating for myself.
I’m still tryna figure shit out, but I have a center again. My sleeping pattern is back to normal. I’m no longer on stress reduced meds. I’m not stuck in the past. I’m living for now & the future.
See, I spent the first 120 days of this year crying, depressed, sad, angry, and a host of other emotions because of a broken heart.
There are only 365 days in a year. So, I pretty much spent almost half of this year depressed. I spent an abundance of time stuck in the past.
Now, I know I needed to just sit in my emotions, in order to deal with them. But, after a while, I wasn’t depressed anymore. I was still sad though. So, I would still cry and felt abandoned. Then, I realized I had the power to shift my energy. So, I decided to pick myself up and move on, one day at a time.
I took the hurt, betrayal, neglect, public humiliation, and a host of other emotions as licks. I unpacked (still unpacking) and decided to move forward as I needed to.
It didn’t feel good at all. But, I cried while standing up. I had to.
There comes a point in healing where you have to move your feet and unpack at the same time. If not, you’ll spend all of your time healing and not living.
Take all the time you need to heal. Just please don’t get stuck in sadness. Depression you can’t really control because that’s a form of mental illness. So, you may need therapy to come out of that. But, sadness is something we can manage better.
As you move forward, here are a few steps to help you live while healing:
- Lean in—I cannot tell you what the future holds. But, I do know you have to make a decision to ‘lean in.’ If you wanna feel good again, you gotta participate in creating the environment needed to do so. One day at a time.
- Set the tone—This is simple! Create new routines for yourself. Something that doesn’t remind you of the past. For me, that looks like hiking, DIY projects, makeover, weight loss, more meditations, and etc. You have to cultivate the positivity, in order to feel good.
- Journal—You may not be sad everyday but you’ll have moments within those days. So, journal to manage your emotions. It’ll help you to understand what your triggers are and what else you need to work on.
- Be easy—Be easy on ya’self. This healing thang is gruesome, until it’s not. It’s lonely, until it’s not. It’s boring, until it’s not. So, give yourself grace.
- Understanding—Healing isn’t linear. There’s no one way to do it. Some thangs may come before others. As long as you’re intentional and show up for yourself, it’ll all work in your favor.
- Attention—Give your attention to your growth and the new memories you’re creating. Don’t feed the sadness or the old stuff because you’ll never heal. You’ll be on a hamster wheel and going nowhere fast.
Lean in, gworl!❤️